Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mt. Cootha Haiku

last night's storm
trapped up
in aloe vera grooves

solitude gathering
a falling branch
startles me

alone again
by the waterfall
my bladder expands

tired of bamboo gazing
I look to the pond--
bamboo reflection

gathering moss
a nearby waterfall
beckons

walking from bench to bench
towards the pond
my ass gets moist

each gust of the waterfall
drowning out
the aeroplane's roar

how pleasant to see
flowers evolving
into butterflies

parrot flowers
we have met before
on my lawn

lone spider
guards the footpath--
no entry

thatched roof
creeping closer
to the doodia candata

heart jumping
oh wait it's not a spider
but a dangling leaf

rustling leaves
the darkening path
goes on and on

lizard stalks a moth
then I follow
trees

native violet
each cry of the cormorant
you bob your head

fossil logs
how many passing clouds
have you seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment