Saturday, May 18, 2013

2013 Conference - HAIKU NORTH AMERICA


So my workshop, "Performance Haiku and Senryu" got accepted to be presented at this year's Haiku North America Conference in August on the QUEEN MARY cruise ship at Long Beach California. A true privilege and I'm deeply humbled to be chosen to present to renowned people in the modern haiku global community. Slight issue with financial purposes though, I'll have to pay for my flight there, and for a room in the cruise ship. This will be a great learning experience and I really love the thought of giving back to the haiku community so they can grow in their art.

Check out the QUEEN MARY in all her beauty:





Now, a chance like this doesn't happen very often to experience the world. Receiving the funding for the trip and its expenses to the QUEEN MARY in California would be possible, but I would have to look into applying for some funding grants. It's totally possible, now, but the tricky part is to focus some time to getting some funds. Leap well, Vuong.


4 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations to you!

Vuong Pham said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Vuong,

We are really looking forward to having you come to Long Beach. I hope you can find funding!

Vuong Pham said...

Thanks for dropping by D! I really hope I can find funding too :) I love haiku and am so eager to spread my passion.

Post a Comment