Saturday, August 3, 2013

Newest Haiku Compilation courtesy of my students :)

beauty of a garden
smell of wet grass
mansion holding off storm

Luke

nothing but wind
blows through
the forest

Rohan

brown slide
sliding down
gently

Kaylum

gokarts

Tristen (nice one-word haiku!)

wind slowly moves
with canopy leaves
in the reflected water

Brock

rocky pathways
so many directions
follow the riverbank

Luke

reflection in every mirror
victory awaited a long time
for the logan brothers

Blake

my friends and I play
at school, we hear
the chairs as always

Akasha

i see everyone having fun
i smell all different food
i hear the rhythm of the waves

Hine

trees grow high above
the animals are fearsome
the flowers smell beautiful

Blake

apple in the high tree plopping that way and this way

Seema (nice one-line haiku!)

my best haiku is a rainbow beach

Alyson

glistening sparkles
follow down
the stream

Jazmin

a bird taking off
to survive where
the sun is setting

Adrian

waves crashing
and smashing
till they reach the shore

Trinity

the blue water
swimming in a pond
dripping from mountains

Ivy

juicy fruits
fall to the ground
as the breeze passes

Anon

trees swaying
back and forth
to the winter breeze

Trinity

the fluffy
clouds going
gracefully by

Edden

lily roses
in crystal clear water
through the bridge

Ivy

I look at my reflection
I swish my hand in the water
now I'm gone again

Otto

rough hard rocks
lots of soft dirt
and lots of minute twigs

Neville

sweet aroma
within the
sunny yard

Brandon

your heart is darker
than black hills
his is brighter than day

Steph

in the winter the sun sat quietly

Anon

the rays of the sun
is going
downtown

PJT

the stars float
through the sky
and shine on me

the moon shines
through the faint
soft clouds

Coven

people invited to a
very big excursion when
they are a very famous writer

Hope

on the rainforest pond
each bird and frog
fly and jump on the sun

Joshua

the sun shine the
sand so shiny
and makes it beautiful

Dale

beautiful sun
rays
on grass

Jarrod

hear piano play
like little birds
and trees

Losi

the moon and stars
stay stiff and still
when no breeze comes

Brianna

I slowly
walk home
in the summer nights

Anon

the waves crash on the shore
with some terror bluebottles
and the dolphins play along

Emegen

stiff as steel
the winter
trees stand

Caitlin

water
crashes on the
riverbanks

Brianna

people walk
pick shell
swimming in deep water

Gemma

boats rowing
up and down
in the sea

Jarrod

as i walked
i noticed that
no footprints follow

Rhys

rain shatters
on my face
as I start to cry

Lucas

wind carrying leaves
come take me
far ahead

Shimiah

I jump
pool waves
mimic the ocean

Madeline

beautiful fish
swimming
in glaring pond

Lewis

the beautiful
sun melts on
the sea pan

Birdie


6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oh wow...some really cool ones in here...
i wonder how old your students are?
i run the poetry club at high school and want to do a bit more teaching this year that just reading each others...when they have it....

Vuong Pham said...

Thanks Brian! I'm sure the kids would be delighted to hear that! These haiku were taught to students grade 4-7. I'm currently doing Supply Teaching, which allows me the pleasure to teach what I'm passionate about. And I agree, some really exceptional ones in this collection.

Great to hear that you're involved with poetry club in high school!! That's awesome, more schools need to have poetry initiatives. What exactly do you do in poetry club? Any details you're keen to share?

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Fantastic work from such young students, Vuong. I really loved reading them.

Susan said...

Wonderful! I have bunches of magazines and postings from my poetry club and literary magazine. A closed group even developed on Facebook. I retired from teaching 2 years ago.

Vuong Pham said...

Thanks Sherry, my students are ecstatic to hear that!

Vuong Pham said...

Aha, that sounds fantastic Susan! Would there be any chance I could check out the Facebook page? Bless.

Post a Comment