Monday, January 10, 2011

Brisbane Flooding

Not

raining,flood

ing! Nor waving,

drowning! Waters flow

past the moist wooden houses. They

flow and flow without remorse cold and

indifferent, joining back to sea. Across

parks, thr ough roads,brimming the

Bris bane River. How rain do

es not know the feeling of

being drenched. Just as you siege my house like an unforgiving lover. Each pitter of rain, an arrow in my heart. And you, O mother of nature, don’t care. Like an overcast day, dark and raging. How you drown out the ice-cream van’s siren, The lullaby of joy once felt in a sunny day. But I will play a piano-lake-song, To fit the flooding perfectly.

(Arghh! Blogspot you annoy me! That you would inconsiderably not register spaces when i'm posting my Shape Poems!)

No comments:

Post a Comment